My sweet little ladies!

My sweet little ladies!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Boy, does time fly...

As of this Friday, March 2nd, Charlotte and Samantha will officially be 6 months old! It boggles my mind that this much time has elapsed, but the calendar glaringly points out that it indeed has passed.

I am hoping to take them to the park and around Lexington to take some fun 6 months pictures of them. Let's see if the weather (which has been nutty, btw!) cooperates... They have been doing really well! They go to the pediatrician for their 6 month check up on Tuesday, so we'll be able to see just how much they weigh and how tall they are now! I would say that based on carrying each of them in their car seats in each crook of my arm, they would each have to be somewhere around 15 or 16 pounds. I get a good workout with these girls! Haha!

They are so much fun right now! They both like to "talk" and just laugh and laugh when you play with them. We read a book together just about every morning and they actually look at the pictures and appear to be engrossed. I hope that they are readers like their mommy and daddy : ) I try, everyday, to take in the fact that they aren't going to be this little for very long and just enjoy the time with them. I do, however, really look forward to the toddler days when we can do things like go to the park and play or the zoo or the aquarium (we'll be sure to steer clear of the jellyfish, though... (shudder)).

I am excited because I have quite a few friends who are pregnant right now and love talking with them about their little ones! There are even a bunch of moms at the gym who either have twins or are pregnant with twins and today, I spent about 30 minutes talking to two of them about being mommies to multiples. It's funny to see what similarities there are between all of us and the events that occur when you have two babies at one time! They may be a lot of work, but I absolutely lovety love love being a mommy to two sweet, little, baby girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment