My sweet little ladies!

My sweet little ladies!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wow, I have been awful with this...

I have been inspired by some of my other friends who have blogs, as they have recently revamped their blogs. My last post was from JULY 2011. Yeesh. Let me catch you up...

Samantha Ann and Charlotte Michelle were born at 7:47am and 7:48am respectively on September 2, 2011. Sam weighed 5lbs 13 oz. and was 17.5in long and Charlie was 5lbs 12oz. and was also 17.5 in long. They were just perfect : ) The delivery was scheduled and went entirely according to plan! I was most scared about the epidural, to be perfectly honest, but when I got into the surgical room, the anesthesiologist put something in my IV before he did the actual epidural. I went out like a light and the next thing I knew, I was on the table and they were starting the surgery. BOOM. My kind of delivery! haha. Here are some pictures from the girls' first few days:

The girls and I a few hours after their delivery : )

Our first family photo!
Sam and Charlie : )
First bath
First Bears game! (A true milestone! haha!)

It really is an indescribable feeling... When those two babies were placed in my arms, it was like the rest of the world went dark and there were these two bright balls of light laying against my chest. We were a family; the girls and Chris and I.

Both my mom and dad and Chris' mom and dad were able to be there when the girls were born, which was amazing! It made me so happy to see them hold the girls. We were also quite lucky that immediately following the birth of the girls, we had family for a full month to help us! My mom and dad were there for the first two weeks,

Stacy and Julie came the day after they were born, we had a visit from Aunt Cyn, Aunt Liz, Jessica and Hailey,
my brother, Alex, came out, and then Chris' parents, Pam and Angelo, came back for two weeks, too. They helped so much when it came to feedings, changings, burpings, baths, etc. It was great to have the love and support that family can provide so well : )

Since then, the girls had their first trip home which was for unfortunate circumstances. My Uncle John passed away after a short, but violent battle with cancer on September 9th and we went home the first weekend in October for his memorial service. It makes me so sad that he never got to see the girls, but I hope that he is at peace now.

They have gone to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to see their Great-Grandma Ruth and Great-Uncle Gary:


They went to a surprise 30th anniversary party for Grandma Pam and Grandpa Angelo:


They had their first Halloween:

They had their first Thanksgiving:


Their first wedding:


and their first Christmas:



My little peanuts are getting so big, so quickly! They are already 13.5 pounds each. Sam is 23.75in tall and Charlie is 23.5in tall. Sammy rolled over for the first time last week and I just know that Charlie will do it soon, too! They both like to babble and laugh. My favorite thing in the whole entire world is when I go up to their room in the morning and they give me the biggest smiles and laugh. My heart melts every single time. I found a quote that sums up how I feel about them and hope to have it hanging in their room soon:

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."

I love my little stinkers!!!




1 comment: