My sweet little ladies!

My sweet little ladies!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Twins! 11 weeks along

Hi Everyone!

I thought it would be a good idea to start a blog so that everyone can keep up with what is going on with us and our sweet babies-to-be! I am technically due on September 20, but the doctors say that twins usually come about a month earlier as 37 weeks is considered full-term for them. We went to the first ultrasound on February 15th and got the shock of a lifetime! We never expected that we would be told that we would be having twins! I admit that I was in shock for a good hour while Chris took it in stride with a huge smile on his face. Haha! The ultrasound went very well and we got to see both of them and hear both heartbeats. Personally, I think they look like little aliens, but I'm sure they will up the cute factor as time progresses ; ) We have another ultrasound appointment on Monday, March 21st and I can't wait to see and hear them again! I also wish that we could find out the genders now, but unfortunately, we still have to wait a bit. We promise to let everyone know as soon as we do!

As for me, I have been very nauseated and sleepy these past few weeks. In fact, I have fallen asleep on the couch almost every night. I am hoping that as I enter the second trimester, the symptoms fade away (as I have heard they do) so that I can start really enjoying being pregnant. I have a bit of a bump right now and I fear it will get quite larger in the coming weeks and subsequent months. I will be sure to take pictures to document my ever growing belly. I have been reading books on pregnancy and also on twins to try and gain some insight as to what is going to happen and what to do after the little ones arrive. Many of the books are quite informative and give you a great look at what the baby looks like at varying stages of development and also what you can expect to happen to you throughout the pregnancy. Some of them are scary and give you statistics you don't want to hear about things like bed rest, premature babies, deformities, etc. While I can recognize that it's usually better to be informed, it doesn't stop me from worrying. I just try not to think about what could go wrong and rather focus on doing whatever I can to ensure their safe arrival in August or September.

It's funny to think that two people are growing in there sometimes, but it's also so very exciting! Like Chris said, some people have trouble getting pregnant at all, but we are lucky enough to have two at once : )

More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment